Contest Ideas for "Who is YOUR Canadian Heroine?"
You could use this contest:
- To develop a program for young adults at your library or school.
- To create a women’s history week
- As the focus for workshops and classroom exercises related to writing, historical research, Canadian women, heroes and heroines, or authors.
- To create your own contest; select a winner for your library, school, class, youth group, or organization.
- As a good reason to do some local history research. Your group could visit a local museum, archives or historic site to learn more about notable women from your community.
- If you belong to Pathfinders (Girl Guides of Canada). Help earn your crest for the Women's History Challenge by participating in this contest and learning about a Canadian heroine.